kribs breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Converseballer

AC Members
Feb 5, 2003
Buffalo NY
Visit site
how long does it usually take for kribs to mate? what r some signs that they are getting ready to breed? i have heard it takes a week and i have heard monthes and i wasnt sure so i decided to ask you people :). o yeah how big r they before they are sexually mature..thnx!!

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
how longs it been since you've had you got yours?
They usually eat their first 2 batches of eggs.
The signs are the female shaking infront of the male, or vise versa, or both at the same time.

jiggerpolebill

i have a key to the Twinsavr
Aug 16, 2002
Indy, IN, USA
Visit site
once my breeding pair was established, they were breeding in a couple of weeks. they ate the first batch, which was disappointing because they had been free-swimming fry for about a week(actually i think it was partially my fault for some tank conditions that were created inadvertantly).

the 2nd batch are doing wonderfully. the 3rd batch was small and actually i have another post a few threads down about them. i believe the bred a 4th time as well without me knowing, and today i noticed both male and female starting the courtship ritual again.

goozy

AC Members
Dec 14, 2002
NY
Visit site
My kribbies

It was sort of interesting because the female was full grown when I got her, she most likely was brought back to the lfs for bad behaviour. I got the male as a baby. He never came near the female until he was about the same size, he actually hid from her because she was very nasty to him. He ate as much food as he could to grow. Then was he was big, he came out of hiding and kicked her ass. They immediatly began to court each other in in a week there were babies. She ate the first batch but in a couple of weeks the second batch emerged. Then the male tried to kill the female so I brought him to the lfs.
I tried her again with a different male but after breeding she tried to kill the male and she successful killed almost all the other fish in the tank except 31 babies. I eventually took all but the female to the lfs. I just got sick of all the killing and fighting.

goozy

AC Members
Dec 14, 2002
NY
Visit site
I would say very close, 3 inches for the male is enough but the female maybe a little small. Mine was about 2 maybe 2 1/2 inches when she breed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store