Kuhlii loach questions for planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rawshrimp

Registered Member
Jan 15, 2013
Hi All, first post.I am thinking about a group of 10 or more Kuhlii loaches for my new 75 gal planted tank. My ph is in the high range, 7.6-7.8 , but consistant. I will provide some rock caves and driftwood. Will I have issues with Black Diamond as a substraite as these guys like to dig. I have cories and they are fine in it. Also, the other fish in the tank will be Rainbows ( Turquoise ) , Mable Hatchets, and Har.Rasboras. I will also add some Otos after a bit. Do you see any issues with this plan?

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
My only thought is that the rainbows might be a bit much for the marble hatchets. I've never had hatchets, but I think they are fairly shy fish. The rainbows are hyper, big, fast, strong fish. I keep them with a school of tiger barbs. Big fat adult tiger barbs. But then my rainbows are big too. I have harlequins in a different tank. They are quite a bit smaller than the rainbows, but they are pretty bold. I would think you could keep them with rainbows without intimidating them too much.

wren

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
As long as the substrate has no sharp edges they should be fine, I have mine in with sand bottom. Mine show no interest in artificial caves, they rather make there own burrows under rocks and driftwood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store