Leather cup corals

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Water World

AC Members
Jul 30, 2001
Galrand, TX
Morning All: I have two leather cup corals that I got 10 days ago. One is about 1" diameter and 4 inches tall the other is 2" diameter and 6" tall. Both are laying on their side. Should these be standing up? The larger one looks like it's making some attempt at sitting up right but still has a ways to go. The smaller has showed no sign of trying to sit upright. Do I need to be worried about this??

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Hmmm...any improvement yet? Probably just a reaction to shipping and/or temp change, but you'll want to pull a sarcophyton that looks like it's going to die.

Water World

AC Members
Jul 30, 2001
Galrand, TX
The larger one I have is making some effort at up righting itself and I do see some polyps extended. The smaller one I have, has done nothing for two weeks I have tried propping it up with a rock but don't think it's helped. It's color is a cream white... I think it's toast. :( How long should I leave it before pulling it??

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Is there any part of the smaller one that looks healthy at all? If so, you could cut off the healthy looking part with scissors and stick it in the sand or bond it to a rock.

Oh well, just a thought.

Water World

AC Members
Jul 30, 2001
Galrand, TX
Hi gcvt: I'm not sure how to tell what part is healthy. The larger one is kinda a fleshy pink,tan,cream color. The smaller is mostly white. If it's bad will it start falling apart and decaying? It's still in one piece.
I got a digital camera but don't know how to post a picture..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store