Led lighting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shane feetham

Registered Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hi all
Getting a marine tank of a mate which will be 5x2x2.
it's got 5 or six aquaray tiles with it which are ultra reef whites 7 white lights and 3 blue in each one.
Will these be any good to keep hard and soft corals or would it be better to get some others.
Regards
Shane

seaflower

Registered Member
Mar 18, 2017
sharon, Pa.
Real Name
Mike
Camera Used
Iphone 5s
Hi all
it's got 5 or six aquaray tiles with it which are ultra reef whites 7 white lights and 3 blue in each one.
Will these be any good to keep hard and soft corals or would it be better to get some others.
Regards
Shane
Hello Shane,
I'm not sure of the light you are speaking of. It very well may work. All 3 of my tanks have LED's on them and they really surprised me with how well the corals and nems respond to them. Let me know if you'd like to see a pic of tank and i'll post if you're interested. Best bang for the buck. 1 Green Evo strip led 3 white/3blue in front
2 par 38 led's in the rest of tank. 54 watts a piece. 6 white/6 blue/6 violet in each light.
Corals respond terrific to them. Great price. It's almost unbelievable compared to how
much they want for the top of the line compared wattage led's. And the corals are sps and
lps.
Mike

Shane feetham

Registered Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hello Shane,
I'm not sure of the light you are speaking of. It very well may work. All 3 of my tanks have LED's on them and they really surprised me with how well the corals and nems respond to them. Let me know if you'd like to see a pic of tank and i'll post if you're interested. Best bang for the buck. 1 Green Evo strip led 3 white/3blue in front
2 par 38 led's in the rest of tank. 54 watts a piece. 6 white/6 blue/6 violet in each light.
Corals respond terrific to them. Great price. It's almost unbelievable compared to how
much they want for the top of the line compared wattage led's. And the corals are sps and
lps.
Mike
Cheers Mike
Pics would be great been looking at the evergrow it 5012 had a lot of good reviews.
Cheers
Shane

seaflower

Registered Member
Mar 18, 2017
sharon, Pa.
Real Name
Mike
Camera Used
Iphone 5s
Here are a couple pics for you Shane.
This tank is the one I was referring to.
The LED's do great on this one. It's also
a deep one.

Shane feetham

Registered Member
Mar 8, 2017
Here are a couple pics for you Shane.
This tank is the one I was referring to.
The LED's do great on this one. It's also
a deep one.
Thanks for the pics.
Looks very nice just want to get the right lights and not buy something that's not up for the job.
Shane

micheljq

Registered Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hi all
Regards
Shane
Hello, i am new to this forum. Aquaray tiles are certainly capable of growing corals. TMC Aquaray makes about the best leds in the market. Do not ditch them!

However since the tank is large and 24" high, probably that more powerful tiles are needed, like the 30 watts ones (Aquabeam 1500, maybe 2000). The ones you have already can be used as supplemental lights.

Check on AAP site.

Michel.

Benate

AC Members
Feb 27, 2018
There were more new information.It is more helpful for those who started new tanks for fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store