Let's hear your ideas for a very casual wedding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
:hearts: sicklidfan and I will be "making it legal" next month. :hearts:

Since we both have been married before, are cohabitating and are middle aged, laid-back, very casual people, we want something very laid-back/casual, but special. :cool2:

it will be in mom's back yard, migrating indoors for the "reception". we live in the desert, so it is very hot. :devil:

I'm thinking blue jeans, or shorts, Hawaiian Shirts (matching?)... I'm really kinda stumped.

:feedback:

Invitations?

Perhaps 10-20 guests

menu?

Decorations? - :bday: not a lot or too expensive - will cut into our fishy money!!!

Fishy/tropical theme? :tropicalfish:

What can we do to make it special while keeping it casual and inxepensive. :confused:

I'm an old hippy, and he's an old biker - we're clean and sober - several years now - so no kegs or MD 20-20. :cheers: Have to stick to sodas and water there.

BBQ?

Let's hear your best ideas, crazy thoughts, and "DON'T DO IT" speeches....

the floor is now open :grinyes:

nickmcmechan

Proudly Scottish
Feb 25, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
i've been married twice too...my second one was a bit casual, was married on a small boat, price was reasonable and they did the works, had the reception somewhere else after it was great

made it special as well by where we spent the night (scottish castle)....had a day between wedding and hols so hired a jag for the day and then off on vacation

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Go Hawaiian! Grass skirts and coconuts LOL. And you have to have leis because everyone likes to get lei'd. All joking aside, since fish are friends and food, grill some fish and pineapple slices or do build it yourself kabobs. Have peppers, pineapple, tomatoes, shrimp, beef, chicken, etc. and bamboo skewers and a designated griller.

ostrangeone89

AC Members
May 31, 2007
BC, Canada
Walk down the aisle with your fishies ! lol jk

ooooh bbq sounds wonderful :p I am of no help most likely lol. I'm 17 I don't need to imagine a wedding yet!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
menu ideas? maybe some pork n' beans, devilled eggs, bean burritos, and sauerkraut...probably would make for a memorable wedding night.

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
Congrats to you and Steve, Kat....and a BBQ sounds just divine, and I think what Pete suggested is great...have a Hawaiin bbq...

but Congrats and live long and happy and keep getting stronger (as I know you will)....

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
I wanna see pic's of the lucky person who gets to run the BBQ in the desert...lol...........:)

S.A.

WHY? Cuz I can...
Oct 19, 2005
MegaKitty - We are a swimming the same stream. Here are some suggestions that we are considering also.

Invitations - nice heavy paper from Staples, run it through a nice printer.

menu- BBQ some pork loin and salmon (PM if you want some ideas on both and maybe I can get Hubby to divulge his dry rub for pork. If not maybe I can ship you some) - sides of brown rice, couscous, and pasta salads. Also green salads with lots of fresh veggies.

Decorations - skip the decorations (short of butoneers/bouquet, nice rented table clothes) and use the money for a really nice reception spread of fresh fruits - strawberries, melons, pineapple, grapes, oranges and veggies

Fishy/tropical theme - tropical theme (not fishy) use cool blue/turquoise/green colors. Check with Oriental Trader for little drink umbrellas for fruity non-alcohol drinks or iced tea. They would also have other knick-knacks cheep.

What can we do to make it special while keeping it casual and inxepensive- surrounding yourself with the people who love you and respect you two, that will make it special. Also, enough sitting and cool air.

Drinks - iced teas (a variety of them - mint, raspberry, peaches), fruit smoothy bar :), fruit drinks, lots of water and don't forget coffee. We live in a hot area too, but there are people who always want it. Also club soda to make itallian sodas :)

BBQ- again PM me.

DON'TS:
1. don't invite ex's :eek3:
2. it is a special day for both of you. Don't let people stress you out. If things are not exactly the way you want, let it go. The import thing is you are entering into a sacred marriage, the rest of it is inconsequential.
3. Get as much done ahead of time. The day before should only be for set up, all the running around should be done. AFTER 4 PM STOP! Take the rest of the evening and wedding day to focus on you and your man.
4. IF YOU HAVE LEGGED ANIMALS - FIND A DIFFERENT PLACE FOR THEM. As much as we love ours, they can become a trip hazard, an annoyance to others and if they scratch/bark they can bug the heck out of you. We lock ours in the bedroom.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store