Light requirements for 10 gal tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Some home/hardware store bagged pea gravel is nice for aquariums too. Obviously rinse it really good before using it. I also ran that in another one of my setups. That was also around $3 for 50-60lbs. Problem with the chunkier stuff is, it's not great for corydoras or fish who's natural habitat is sand that they sift through.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Some home/hardware store bagged pea gravel is nice for aquariums too. Obviously rinse it really good before using it. I also ran that in another one of my setups. That was also around $3 for 50-60lbs. Problem with the chunkier stuff is, it's not great for corydoras or fish who's natural habitat is sand that they sift through.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Wisteria will grow fine without supplementing CO2

MJMac

AC Members
Jan 29, 2018
Okay..thanks dougall. I will start with water column ferts and see where that takes me.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I've crushed the roots of plants trying to plant in gravel. I think that may have happed to your wisteria...but it's ok, new roots are forming above the damaged part. Just pull it up & pinch or cut off the lower brown area.

I don't know your lights but your plants should be ok with almost any. 10g are so shallow I've grow many plants with less than ideal lighting. Wisteria is pretty big for a 10g, it may need some big time control whether planted or floating, you have been warned!

Reactions: FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I've crushed the roots of plants trying to plant in gravel. I think that may have happed to your wisteria...
That's a great point!

One of the reasons I like a really fine grained gravel for tanks with plants.

MJMac

AC Members
Jan 29, 2018
Thanks! I will keep that in mind when I upgrade the tank...hopefully sooner than later!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store