light weight rocks /caves for malawi tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

delmore

AC Members
Dec 2, 2001
New Jersey
www.uaru-forum.com
I'm looking for lightweight stones for a tank of rockdwellers- african cichlids. Any good mail order sources for lava stone (if you boil + submerge it, it sinks!) or other light weight stone? Non-natural materials also ok.

Beside the rock I'll use 6" lenths of PVC pipe partly covered with the crushed coral substrate.

NickH

AC Members
Oct 12, 1998
Morris Township, NJ
At Absolutely Fish on Rt. 46 in Clifton, they have tons of "Moon Rock". It's like Lava rock, but it's a darker brown. Not exactly lightweight, but it has a different look to it for sure. Kinda looks like saltwater live rock. If you don't like the shapes you get you can break them up into smaller pieces.

seangingras

AC Members
Dec 3, 2002
portsmouth nh
Visit site
lightweight rocks.

I saw this ad in aquarium fish mag.. this month) about these "rocks " made by this company. they are stackable "plastic "rocks which look realistic and every one is hollow with a cave opening in the side. they looked like the PERFECT solution to the lightweight cave problem. The company is called UNDERWATER GALLERIES and their phone is 503 253 3236 the product is called UB rocks(i think). I couldnt find anything out on the net but call and they will hook you up with the info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store