Lighting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lebloom

AC Members
Oct 4, 2001
Illinois
I am in the need of new lighting and am looking to find any comments on the Custom Sea Life Power Compact Smartlite. I want to know if 130watts will be sufficient enough for a 75gal tank. I have a little bit of caulerpa growning in my LR and hope that 130 will be enough.

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
It would be a step in the right direction, but it still won't give you much lighting power if you're thinking of adding corals and such down the line.

Have you looked at www.ahsupply.com yet? Their retro kits tend to be a bit cheaper than the CSL assembled packages.

lebloom

AC Members
Oct 4, 2001
Illinois
Do these retro kits fit all lighting housings? What I have now is an All-Glass 48" single bulb unit. I don't have a hood for my tank so what I am in need of something that will fit my pre-exhisting light fixture and if you think a retro kit will work maybe thats my choice I should try.

Last edited:

lebloom

AC Members
Oct 4, 2001
Illinois
Hey, anyone out there? I need a cheap place to purchase lighting. This stuff is very expensive and can't afford this $500 - 600 stuff.:confused:

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
what do you want to keep? if you only want some macroalgae growth and want mainly a fish only tank, you could get away with a 2x96 watt retro kit from www.ahsupply.com

they also sell little hoods that you can mount the bulbs in for not too much money.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store