Limnophila Sessiflora help needed!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bataiboldi

Registered Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hello!

I have a problem with my Limnophila Sessiflora in one of my tanks. I have three different tanks, all of which have this plant in it. All of the tanks are low tech, I am dosing LiquiCarbo, and Aqulife TF Macro daily, and Aqualife TF Planter weekly according to the instructions on the bottles. I only experience the problem in one of the tanks. The tank in question is around 12 gallon, with an 11W LED on top for around 8 hours daily. All the other plants look healthy. The Limnophila is growing nice as well, I routinely clip the top off and replant it. I have done a rescape about one week ago, that's when I planted the Limnophila in the tank. I had the same problem before in this same tank with an other plant too (Hygrophila Difformis). The problem is, that the older leaves turn dark green, and curl up. As time progresses more and more leaves curl up, till only the very top, the newest leaves remain vibrant green, and straight. I suspected NO3 deficiency, but now i dose that too with the Macro. Even the neighbouring stem of the same plant seems unaffected as you can see on the photos.

Thanks in advance for the help!
IMG_4043.jpgIMG_4044.jpgIMG_4045.jpg

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I had same problem with mine, I had it twice, both times it died. It grew grew grew, died. I started dosing terta planta min and it started growing but by bit, day by day. It melted and i think thats what happens to yours from my experience with this plant.
I have no idea why it happened but my theory is that limnophila sessiliflora is a sensitive plant and if bought from store it is expected that the plant was grown outside water (like tropica does) and when emersed, it will melt. I gave up with keeping it.

bataiboldi

Registered Member
Mar 24, 2021
Thank you for your response!
I don’t really understand why is it doing it, all the other ones in the other two aquariums are looking great, and the other stems in this one are doing pretty well. They were all bought at the same time at the same place. :(

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store