Long time away from aquariums, coming back with planted.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Potential retirement plan..

bren

AC Members
Jul 31, 2006
Upstate, NY
My wife's oldest son messaged me saying a mickey mouse platty he got from a LFS is going to be having fry soon. She was prego at the store. Looks like I'll be getting a bunch of free fry :)
Still need to get some plants from the local lady I found, just haven't had time to connect with her yet. One of the plants we already have is sprouting new leaves off leaves. And a ton of snails started showing up. I don't mind them for now but they are reproducing like mad. I'll see if my step son wans a few lol.
new_leaves.jpg
snails.jpg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Looks great! I'm not a fan of fully submersing "submersible" heaters, but I get it that folks like to "hide" them that way..

bren

AC Members
Jul 31, 2006
Upstate, NY
Thanks Joel. The minimum water level line is higher than the tank is deep so I had to lay it over. Not sure it will pass by the rim and stand up without being stuck in the substrate. I've never submerged one fully either, until I got this one.
I'll have more plants in the beginning of April, my wife mentioned tonight that we need to get more. Nice to see she's on board :D

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
It's always good to get your spouse on board! My husband is my water change helper & glass razorblader, lol! Whatever works for you, it works for us :D

bren

AC Members
Jul 31, 2006
Upstate, NY
Well, she's on board as far as liking having them around to watch them and not having a problem spending money to improve the tank and add tank mates lol. But whatever works :D
I think she kinda misses our marine tank. She loved the clown fish and anenomy, and liked the snowflake moray too.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I would miss the clownfish & anemone too, if I ever had them (sigh). I always hoped my husband would try salt in retirement, but not yet. He's more unemployed than actually retired just yet.

The money (& time) agreement maybe more important to marital & tank happiness :cool: Over the many years we've flip flopped over who is the more tank-centric spouse but for the last 10 or 15 years it's been me & he is nothing but supportive & helpful even if some of his ideas are more than a bit dated ;) So are some of mine :)

New plant growth is exciting as are new free! fish :D Spring is a good time to get plants in your cold climate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store