Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Long time away from aquariums, coming back with planted.

Discussion in 'Planted Aquariums' started by bren, Jan 20, 2018.

1. fishorama

fishorama AC Members

Today at 5:22 PM
    Well, obviously you don't live in California...many have been there, done that;) !

2. FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Joel
    Yesterday at 1:28 PM
    Joel
    Potential retirement plan..

3. bren

bren AC Members

May 21, 2018
    My wife's oldest son messaged me saying a mickey mouse platty he got from a LFS is going to be having fry soon. She was prego at the store. Looks like I'll be getting a bunch of free fry :)
    Still need to get some plants from the local lady I found, just haven't had time to connect with her yet. One of the plants we already have is sprouting new leaves off leaves. And a ton of snails started showing up. I don't mind them for now but they are reproducing like mad. I'll see if my step son wans a few lol.
    new_leaves.jpg
    snails.jpg

4. FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Joel
    Yesterday at 1:28 PM
    Joel
    Looks great! I'm not a fan of fully submersing "submersible" heaters, but I get it that folks like to "hide" them that way..

5. bren

bren AC Members

May 21, 2018
    Thanks Joel. The minimum water level line is higher than the tank is deep so I had to lay it over. Not sure it will pass by the rim and stand up without being stuck in the substrate. I've never submerged one fully either, until I got this one.
    I'll have more plants in the beginning of April, my wife mentioned tonight that we need to get more. Nice to see she's on board :D

6. fishorama

fishorama AC Members

It's always good to get your spouse on board! My husband is my water change helper & glass razorblader, lol! Whatever works for you, it works for us :D

7. bren

bren AC Members

May 21, 2018
    Well, she's on board as far as liking having them around to watch them and not having a problem spending money to improve the tank and add tank mates lol. But whatever works :D
    I think she kinda misses our marine tank. She loved the clown fish and anenomy, and liked the snowflake moray too.

8. fishorama

fishorama AC Members

I would miss the clownfish & anemone too, if I ever had them (sigh). I always hoped my husband would try salt in retirement, but not yet. He's more unemployed than actually retired just yet.

The money (& time) agreement maybe more important to marital & tank happiness :cool: Over the many years we've flip flopped over who is the more tank-centric spouse but for the last 10 or 15 years it's been me & he is nothing but supportive & helpful even if some of his ideas are more than a bit dated ;) So are some of mine :)

New plant growth is exciting as are new free! fish :D Spring is a good time to get plants in your cold climate.