LOW CANISTER FILTER OUT FLOW / INTAKE

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Plantlover

AC Members
Jul 19, 2017
Hi Friends

I had cleaned my canister filter last week and now I reinstall it , I am noticing a lesser out flow of the water than before and also I can see lots of dirt in the tank seems the filter is not sucking it out ..

When I cleaned I had properly clean the motor also

Can any experts advise to troubleshoot

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Are the trays installed properly?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
What kind/model of canister filter? :D

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Loss of flow after cleaning could be a few things. Check to make sure everything is seated correctly, not sucking in air from any connections, that you didn't forget to put the top on the top basket and media is stuck to the filter head intake (I've seen it more than once), that it is fully primed (sometimes just un plugging it and plugging it back in or shaking the canister back and forth will do the trick) and maybe even taking the whole thing apart again and putting it back together (usually fixes the problem).

Reactions: FreshyFresh

Plantlover

AC Members
Jul 19, 2017
I pulled out the inlet & outlet hose , cleaned and reinstalled ,, now it's perfectly ok
I think may b because of the hose blocked or may b the impeller was not properly fitted

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store