Mass

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Claire Vaughan

AC Members
Apr 15, 2017
Las Cruces, NM
Real Name
Laura
3 months is quite a long time. Sometimes the body "walls off" cysts or "pockets" of infection. They may work their way to the surface & out. I'll ask too, how old is the fish? How long have you had it? As fish age all kinds of "stuff" can happen...everything dies eventually from "something".

The fish is eating & active. I think I'd go with lots of water changes & maybe a low level salt treatment, if all your fish are salt tolerant. At this point they've all been exposed to whatever it is. Keep a close watch on changes & be ready to move it & TX with antibiotics if it seems needed or it's harassed by tankmates.

Good luck, Claire!
I have had him for a little over 2 yrs. He was almost full grown when I got him. I have been using salt treatment. It has kept it from looking infected like it did in the beginning.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------------

Claire Vaughan

AC Members
Apr 15, 2017
Las Cruces, NM
Real Name
Laura
I have good information from all of you. Thank you very much. I have been using low salt treatments and water changes so far. It's not getting bigger or changing in it's appearance. None of the other fish are showing signs of the same thing. He is a beautiful fish, with a name, Froozone.
/

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
He's not very old, so hopefully his immune system is up to this issue, with your good care.

He IS a beautiful fish! I've never kept "big 'bows" but I love turquoises.

Can you give us an update in a couple weeks or if something changes please? We're all rooting for Froozone's recovery!

Claire Vaughan

AC Members
Apr 15, 2017
Las Cruces, NM
Real Name
Laura
He's not very old, so hopefully his immune system is up to this issue, with your good care.

He IS a beautiful fish! I've never kept "big 'bows" but I love turquoises.

Can you give us an update in a couple weeks or if something changes please? We're all rooting for Froozone's recovery!
I sure will. He is beautiful. This issues is breaking my heart. Thank you so much.

Claire Vaughan

AC Members
Apr 15, 2017
Las Cruces, NM
Real Name
Laura
Hi all. I have a sad update on my beautiful Rainbow fish, Frozone. I treated him in a hospital tank with Erythromycin for two week. The ulcer decreased and look much better. I found a product called Artemiss. I used it for 6 days and the ulcer responded very quickly. I had noticed prior to this he was breathing hard, which continued in the hospital tank. The breathing got worse as the ulcer got better. His color was a beautiful, deep blue and he looked good, but continued to breath hard. A couple days ago, I noticed he was bloated, and breathing heavier. I watched him during the day and late in the afternoon, he was dead. I removed him and the mass had fallen off, completely! It left a hole that exposed the fine covering on his side. Being a nurse, I'm always interested in the bod;, human, animal or fish, so I did an autopsy. Frozone's insides were completely rotten. everything was pale an pussy. The only thing that had color was the swim bladder, and it was black.
This was a very interesting experience. I should have started treated him much earlier. Lesson learned.
Thank you all for the tips and information.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
So sorry for your loss!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store