Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mbuma Pregnancies

Discussion in 'Support & Defend MonsterFishKeepers.com' started by Callard, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Callard

Callard AC Members

Callard
    Oct 13, 2017
    Callard
    Camera Used:
    Samsung Tablet A
    Hi all
    I have a problem. A few weeks ago I saw that my Mbumas had eggs " mouth very swollen" I tried to get her out of the tank but was difficult as I didn't want her to stress too much.after a few days I found her dead. Guess she was harassed to much. A couple of days ago I saw a similar situation where two of my Mbumas were pregnant if I can put it that way. Today I saw her pretty bashed up "tail fin" bitten but managed to rescue her and put her into the hospital tank which I had fortunately prepared in advance. I still need to find the other one and extract her as well. Why is this? Is it because they can't or don't want to defend themselves because of the eggs/fry in her mouth? I need to know if somebody can give me some positive feedback in this regard.
    Thanking you all

2. Tifftastic

Tifftastic "With your powers combined . . ."

Tiff
    Yesterday at 4:29 PM
    Tiff
    Mbuna can be pretty nippy. But just mbuna is not enough detail. Could you answer some questions so that I can try to help you?

How big is your tank?
    What species do you have and how many of each?
    How many males and females of each?
    Also, what are your water parameters?

3. myswtsins

myswtsins AC Members

Jen
    Thursday at 12:38 PM
    Jen
    Camera Used:
    Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
    I agree with Tiff, we need more info before we could try to help. And as I always ask, a picture of the tank/fish can be VERY helpful to get a better understanding of the situation. The term most commonly used is "holding" FYI.

We need a MOD to move this thread too.

4. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    41 minutes ago
    Jessica
    Tank too small, too few females, the wrong and aggressive males are a real bad combination. We just want to know which of these "bad" combinations do you have.