Me Again! My 55 gal. tank;

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Swbuda

AC Members
Jan 23, 2003
Temple
Visit site
I started out with 'colored gravel', but now I'm ready to do it right! I think I'd like to put a sand subtrate on the bottom of my tank for my Oscars. Good idea :confused: I read there is a better way than using too large of pea-sized gravel, and I'd like to do the right thing by my fish. Also, a question about just how deep should it be; 2, maybe 3 inches? Plan to do something similar to my 125 gallon tank when I get it set up for the Clown Knives. I've read a little about plants, rocks, caves, etc; and plan to do some nice things with my tanks with time... I'm gonna have to remove the 'colored gravel' with a scoop (I guess, LOL), and then put the sand down ...I hope I don't hurt my fish.... Any recommendations about what kinds of sand? Thanks all...:)

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Personally I would not use sand, it can be hard to clean and might go anaerobic if you dont keep it stirred up. For depth of sand, gravel or whatever, its best to keep it low unless youre going to have live plants. I try to keep my substrate about quarter of an inch thick, less crap etc gets trapped in it that way, and its alot easier to clean than when its thick.

Swbuda

AC Members
Jan 23, 2003
Temple
Visit site
No wetmanNY, I was gonna move the

fish to a different tank BEFORE I do anything major to my tanks. But I appreciate the way you all get back to me about what I am doing....No, I don't take anything personal...Helps me make sure I'm doing it all right....:p Maybe, eventually, with everyone's help, I'll end up with it all the way I want it..:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store