Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Melafix safe for tetras?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater' started by Ruben Tolon, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Ruben Tolon

Ruben Tolon last of a dying breed

Jul 4, 2016
    I've had a group of blind cave teras on a 10 gal quarantine for about 4 days now, and they seem fine other than a couple of them have their fins nipped a bit. My question is as follows: is it safe to use melafix on them, since they are teras, and I get the impression tetras are sensitive to some meds. I have never used melafix before, so pardon my ignorance on this question ;)

2. YoFishboy

YoFishboy I'll sleep when I'm dead...

Nov 1, 2016
    Melafix is an herbal remedy that I have used often. I think that it works pretty well and I believe that it is safe for all fish. If you are worried, you could start with a half dose. Good luck!

3. Red Tailed Wonder

Red Tailed Wonder AC Members

Feb 12, 2007
    What are you treatin?
    Melafix is for bacterial infections ETC
    I used it once for an ulcer an it did wonders :D