FS Mineralized Topsoil and Supplies---OSMOCOTE PLUS CAPSULES----Stainless Steel Mesh----

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

nilocg

AC Members
May 25, 2010
Osmocote+ Capsules

Options- First class shipping is included in the price. If you want Priority mail add $3 to the price.
75 Capsules- $12
150 Capsules- $17
300 Capsules $30

I have some capsules that I would like to sell. They are OO capsules full of Osmocote plus.

Mineralized TopSoil

EDIT: Flat Rate Box Pricing- includes dolomite, Muriate of Potash, and Clay
Medium Flat Rate box filled with ~500 cubic inches of MTS- $30 Shipped
Large Flat Rate box filled with ~780 cubic inches of MTS- $38 Shipped

I have a some MTS that I am looking to sell, if you dont feel like making the mess it takes to make this stuff here is your chance to get some. It has gone through the wet/dry cycle 5-6 times now over the past month.

Prices for 0.75-1" of MTS: Price includes the dirt, dolomite, muriate of potash and clay.
10-20 gallon tank(24"x12" bottom)- $20 shipped
20 gallon long(30"x12" bottom)- $25 shipped
40 gallon breeder(36"x18" bottom)- $30 shipped
Other sizes let me know and I'll get you a price

MTS supplies

I would do 2 ounces Potash, 3 ounces dolomite, and 1/4 lb of red clay for $10 shipped. This would be enough for a tank with 1-2 square feet of tank bottom. If you need more let me know what you need and we'll work something out.

If you need more or less let me know.

Black Coal Slag

I also have some extra black magic coal slag that I wont be needing, it is similar grain size to PFS that I have used before, it isnt too sharp and I cant see bottom dwellers having any problems. I have had a tank setup with it for 2-3 months now, the cories have not had any problems with it at all, and it has not increased the hardness of my water any that my test kits can detect.

I am asking $1 per pound shipped via usps priority mail. Let me know if you are interested. It weighs roughly 112 pounds per cubic foot.

MTS Capsules

Use these to replace the dolomite, muriate of potash and clay that are used as your MTS soil ages. I have used these to do the same and seem to work well. Just bury and forget about them. Included are 50 '00' capsules of each(dolomite, muriate of potash, and clay), a total of 150 capsules. I am asking $25 shipped for these.

2"x4" pieces $.75
4"x6" pieces $3
6"x6" pieces $4.50
6"x12" pieces $6
12"x12" pieces $10

Shipping will be $8 for the 12x12 piece and $5 for the smaller stuff.

Dburgess1231

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
NORTHERN OHIO

Black Coal Slag

I also have some extra black magic coal slag that I wont be needing, it is similar grain size to PFS that I have used before, it isnt too sharp and I cant see bottom dwellers having any problems. I have had a tank setup with it for 2-3 months now, the cories have not had any problems with it at all, and it has not increased the hardness of my water any that my test kits can detect.

I am asking $1 per pound shipped via usps priority mail. Let me know if you are interested. It weighs roughly 112 pounds per cubic foot.

Not to bash this but you can buy a 50 lb bag for 8$....

nilocg

AC Members
May 25, 2010
Not to bash this but you can buy a 50 lb bag for 8$....
People sell plants all the time that cost nearly nothing to grow. People sell plants that can be found in a ditch in some areas. Some people cant find the coal slag in stores near them, some people dont want to purchase 50 lbs, some people just want it done for them. It also costs a lot to ship this stuff. If you dont think its a good deal please dont purchase.

Have you ever purchased a bottle of water?

Last edited:

MoonstruckMuse

AC Members
Mar 4, 2007
I, for one, am someone wayyyy too lazy and busy to make mts. Interested in buying some - do you think it'd make sense for a low-tech, lowlight tank? I've heard a lot about the heavy root feeders thriving in mts with poor lighting, and I would like to try doing that.

Also, if I did that, I would be doing it for a 125g tank... But don't plan on planting most of the tank. I'd like to put some gigundo swords in just a few places - maybe 5, max. Do you have any idea how far the roots may spread on those guys? I was thinking of just putting mts in those areas and capping it with the same gravel I'm using everywhere else so that I dont have to worry about root feeding. What do you think? How much would you guess I should buy for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store