minimum school size for neon tetras

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kuhlifan

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Ohio
I'd have a much larger tank if I had the room, rest assured. Most stores sell the 10 gallon setups for cheaper than the little fives sell for.

These guys are actually settling into their new tank well. They've been in a five hex for a few years. Since the hex is very vertical, I put a vertical decoration in it. That was a bad move. The timid neons always hovered behind it, so I could never see them, except when I fed them. One good solution that I've heard several people say is to put a more active fish in with them, which bascially keeps them moving. I did that successfully with a guppy. I actually bought two guppies originally....which started a chain reaction explosion of guppies (well over 200 babies in that five before I could catch them all: quite a nightmare). I set up a new five gallon bow front, put lots of plants in it and some driftwood and moved them over. The first day they were kind of freaked, but now seem more comfortable and happy. I just didn't know if adding one or two more might make for a happier group.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I have a school of 5 in a 10 that's lightly planted. They seem to be doing well enough. There are also 2 panda cories in with them as well as an oto and a couple of snails.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store