Mischievious Behaivor in my Community Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GobyGuy5

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
I recently got two bolivian rams,

at least that's what I'm nearly positive I got, they look exactly like german blue rams, same size, only less brilliant coloration, and their fins all have red edges, so if I'm wrong please correct me :D

So anyways, I tryed to pick out two that were colored differently in the hopes of possibly getting a male and a female. Now that they've been in my tank for a couple of days, they'd began to act somewhat aggressive towards each other. Here's what happened, one of them staked out a territory smack dab in the middle of my tank, 'he' paid fairly little attention to the rest of the fish in my tank, mainly only chasing the other ram out of his territory. However, the first time he tryed to defend his territory the other ram swim over and they had a little battle, where they nipped each other in the middle of the head several times over until the invading ram had enough and ran. Now, a day after, they are swimming around the tank apparently with each other, and not fighting, etc. They forgot about their territories, etc.

Did these fish pair up?
Were they courting before hand, or fighting?

Will they bother the other fish in my tank in the long run?
(I have 3 platys, 1 clown loach, 1 ottocinclus and 1 bumblebee goby)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store