mould?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

random_zooey

AC Members
Jan 27, 2005
There's white fluffly mould, like clouds, growing inside my tank around the filter. What is it and what do I do?

random_zooey

AC Members
Jan 27, 2005
No, it's not bits of food. It's mould growing on the inside of the lid, but mostly around the filter insert on my filter. Really looks like clouds, not little chunks here and there, but billowing clouds.

Riso-chan

The Blue Girl
Jan 17, 2005
Florida, USA
You might want to take out the insert or parts of the filter and clean it manually with hot water and a scrubby pad. Clean off the inside of the tank with a scrubby pad too, and net every bit of it out that you can.

I've never had anything like that before myself, so I really can't tell you what exactly it is. Almost sounds like something that occurs on a fish's slime coat when it's sick. If it was green I'd tell you it was green hair algea. Not sure there. If you have a knowledgeable lfs near you, give them a call and see if they could identify just what it is you've got going on. Good luck resolving the matter.~Angela

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store