Moving home Stress

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Just a quick way of replying without a post (please pick one of each if you can for your opinion)

• Yes it does work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it doesn't work

• In my opinion yes you should use it when moving home

• In my opinion no it's not worth it for such a short move

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Goldiefan997

AC Members
Apr 20, 2018
Hi I'm moving home in a couple of weeks the new house is only a few streets away and won't take long to get there but the aquarium move is obviously a big ordeal I was wondering if anybody had any experience with seachem stress guard and what kind of effects it has in the real world I've done my research online but I wanted to hear from people that have used it as it's worth the money because the trip is only 10 to 15 minutes driving and that's with traffic so I don't think I will buy it but if it's going to be a good idea to get it
The tank and the fish will be going over in 1 trip and getting re-set up over there I guess it will take about 2hours to go from how it is now to set up in the new place with I fish in a all running
Does it really help to take stress away with moving the fish especially on such a short journey
Just in case it helps I have 3 goldfish fancies a number of tetras cherry barbs honey gourami is a pleco and some mollies
It's a 255 L tank wave hell of a lot of live plants because the goldfish like to eat them so I keep a lot of them in there so they have a nice amount to munch on when they get hungry throughout the day

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I would get a large cooler to move everything. I have moved 3 times and my tanks are a 100gal, and a 120.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Several years ago, I moved 3 tanks worth of stuff from Colorado to upstate NY. I didn't use anything other than some Prime. I don't think you need to buy anything special to make your move, just take the appropriate precautions and you should be fine; especially over such a short period of time.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Doesn't sound too different to taking fish home from the store

Just be sure to acclimate in the case of water conditions being different.. and be sure to keep filter media and decor damp to maintain beneficial bacteria.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Agreed. Like said, I'd be more concerned with keeping the bio media in your filter wet and in circulated water until you can get it set back up in the new home. Keep a bunch of the original substrate and decor wet too as it will contain lots of beneficial bacteria as well.

If you are switching to new gravel/substrate, you can keep a sock, pantyhose or media bag of the old stuff in the tank until you're sure the tank produces nothing but nitrates.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Oh, test the water frequently after moving and fast the fish a few days before you move too, then a normal water change too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store