My 1st aquarium (60l) long thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thom336

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
One thing which has not been mentioned so far is that aquariums do not fair well in bathrooms due to humidity levels. I would rather have the tank in full sunlight and decrease the amount of artificial lighting (dependent on what your current planned level of lighting is), and have a combination of the both. You may experiance some algae problems with this method, and a slight increase in temperature, but it would be better than having it in the bathroom with the humidity. Just noticed you are considering bristlenoses - these will certainly decrease the algae problems - and the fish should do fine in a slightly higher temp, so I dont see a problem there. I would buy a group of bristlenoses rather than a single one (if you can get hold of them) as they are in essence a shoaling fish. I would also avoid the killifish, as they are not a community favourite.

Oh, and silence is golden - patience is a virtue. lol.

Hope this helps, and best of luck,
Thom.

theofilos

AC Members
May 5, 2003
Greece
Visit site
Thanks for your help. My bathroom is right next to my window it is less than half a meter from my bed and a meter from the window plus the door is always open so it has the same temperature with the room plus no direct sunlight plus I will put a 180 l in my room ehehhe :p:p:p:p As for the bristlenose I have not decided yet I just know that bristlenose plecos don't get big which means I am looking for the best algae eater with the smallest size have a suggestion? ;) oh and hardy too (oh and also have a fashion model deliver it to my house too ok? LOL)

thom336

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
I would still reckon there would be humidity problems in the bathroom. And Bristlenoses are the best suggestion I can think of for your tank, being intended as amazonian. Also, worth noting, guppies, mollies, killifish and gouramis are not, to my knowledge, amazonian fish. So it would really be pushing it to call it an amazonian community.

Oh, and speaking freely, your humour is beginning to sound a little too sarcastic.

Thom.

theofilos

AC Members
May 5, 2003
Greece
Visit site
Well when I will take pics you will see the place and I believe you will be satisfied. Well I was just telling some fish from my mind to add variaton to the aquarium (as much as a 10g can have...). As for the jokes there is no sarcasm in it,it is just I am a funny guy that's all ;) Well fish setup in my mind so far:
some neons some rummynose and maybe another tetra species
some bronze cory's maybe?
a plecoid
and last and final can a kuhli loach fit in this tank ? I do not know the compatibily but I know they are peaceful. What do you think of these?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Kuhli's like to be a in groups--a single fish will spend all it's time hiding, while a group will cavort and play. Same for cories. I would focus on one or the other for your bottom feeders.

I would pick a favorite tetra, and have a just them. With schooling fish, bigger groups are better than 2-3 of separate species. Mixed groups of tetras tend to just hang out, never really schooling.

:D

theofilos

AC Members
May 5, 2003
Greece
Visit site
Oh! So we have rummynose and kuhli if I find them else I get bronze cory and a solo plecoid (small sized when adult). Does this sound good? We are talking with lots of plants and a driftwood. The crucial parts what quantities you suggest?
For the rummynoses and for the bottom dwellers either cory's or kuhli?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store