My Anemone is hurt

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JennyAnn

AC Members
Jan 15, 2009
Hi
Our Anemone got stuck in the weir block and has had its foot hurt and flesh ripped open
A piece of it seems to be dying.
Last night it was all deflated,this morning it seemed more perkier with its tenicles starting to fill up nicely again
There is a lot of its flesh that seems damaged which is loose,but it has since moved onto a rock.

We have been sucking up all the dead bits that we can with a turkey baster and catching any floating bits in a net.

What should i do? I want to save it as it is putting up a fight.

All advice will be appreciated.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Go about things as usual, except with a lot more observation. Make absolutely sure that it doesn't die without you knowing it. Also try feeding if it will accept food. FWIW, healthy anemones have survived worse. Keep us updated

JennyAnn

AC Members
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks for the tip
just btw, a lot of sites say dont feed her while she is trying to heal. What should i feed?
I have marine snow, brine shrimp, or some lance fish?

JennyAnn

AC Members
Jan 15, 2009
Ah well, it was not to be. She went died a few hours ago.
Horrible lesson learned,at the expense of a beautiful creature.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Thanks for the tip
just btw, a lot of sites say dont feed her while she is trying to heal. What should i feed?
I have marine snow, brine shrimp, or some lance fish?
Sorry to hear that it died. For reference, can you provide a link to one of the sites that say not to feed? In general, the addition of food will supply the necessary building blocks for proteins, etc. that could definitely help an injured anemone. I don't recommend feeding it a ton, but some careful feeding, in my experience, will help more than hurt.

JennyAnn

AC Members
Jan 15, 2009
I cant for the life of me the pages now. We had been looking on the net for hours, maybe we misunderstood what was being said
Thanks for the help and advice though.
When we are ready to try again we have hopefuly learned from our mistakes.
Also when we went back to shop we bought her from, most of the anemones in their tank were either dead or dying, which is not very encouraging, but from the help we have received we are much better informed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store