My dwarf gourami is bloated

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Robbo466

Registered Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have had 3 dwarf gouramis 1 male 2 female for about a month now and I've recently noticed one of my females swelling she is very bloated at the moment I heard about dropsy which is common in gouramis apparently but she isn't showing any of the symptoms so could she be pregnant?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
It's possible she's pregnant, but 2 out of 3 of the DGs I've tried to keep over the years suffered the same fate. One of the reasons I feel mine suffered this was the foods I fed at the time. Make sure to read the labels of your fish food. The first ~3 ingredients should be whole plant or protein matter. If it's grains and fillers, don't buy it.

Reactions: fishorama

Robbo466

Registered Member
Apr 29, 2019
I'm busy rn but when I get back I can post so photos I read up about how to identify if there male and female and at the store they were selling male and female sperate also it isn't the food I read the back and if it was wouldn't it effect all my gourami becuase it's just one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store