My farlowella

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DirtyDan

AC Members
May 9, 2020
Very pretty! Do they like a strong current? I've been thinking about setting up a hillstream type tank and was wondering if they would fit well

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Well I just got mine last Thursday!
What wafers do you feed? I tried cucumber but nothing happened and mine's blowing through algae.
Very pretty! Do they like a strong current? I've been thinking about setting up a hillstream type tank and was wondering if they would fit well
I guess you could keep one in one but most hillstream fish like cooler water and these need to be kept at 75-82. A bit warm for most hillstream fish.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
They can take a little bit of flow, not major strong, but a bit. They benefit from very well oxygenated water. But they do need warmer temperatures than many other hillstream, so choose tank choices wisely.

Well I just got mine last Thursday!
What wafers do you feed? I tried cucumber but nothing happened and mine's blowing through algae.
It took months to get Tree to touch anything at all, so its no guarantee.

I use API Wafers, Pet Essentials Wafers, and TopFin Wafers. Pet Essentials ehh kinda iffy. Theyre much larger but they go mush if left, so keep an eye on that. Id go with API Wafers or Omega One brand. But i like the sizes for the TopFin... but API is a good size for farlows.

Try Repashy foods too, Angelcraze suggested when making it to smear it on rocks for algae eating fish. Its a really good tip and Repashy foods are supposed to be extremely good and well accepted. Pick a vegetarian one or the pleco one.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Well Omega One is such a great brand I'll try that.
Try Repashy foods too, Angelcraze suggested when making it to smear it on rocks for algae eating fish. Its a really good tip and Repashy foods are supposed to be extremely good and well accepted. Pick a vegetarian one or the pleco one.
Is it like a paste?

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Well Omega One is such a great brand I'll try that.

Is it like a paste?
I believe its like a gel. Ive not used it myself.

angelcraze angelcraze would know i think more

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
I believe its like a gel. Ive not used it myself.

angelcraze angelcraze would know i think more
It's a gel food. It comes as a powder and you add boiling water and let it set. So you could make cubes, break it into small bites, or even pour it on rocks or hardscape to mimic algae growth and encourage natural grazing.

Seriously my fish go bonkers for it. All of them. I get the grub pie formula mostly, but there's a soilent green for algae eaters.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
It's a gel food. It comes as a powder and you add boiling water and let it set. So you could make cubes, break it into small bites, or even pour it on rocks or hardscape to mimic algae growth and encourage natural grazing.

Seriously my fish go bonkers for it. All of them. I get the grub pie formula mostly, but there's a soilent green for algae eaters.
Ok thanks. After algae wafers I'll try it. ;)

Reactions: NoodleCats
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store