my Fishes have stoped eating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gaurang

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
India
Visit site
Hello Friends,

I have

2 Kissing
2 Koi
2 Shark Catfish &
4 Tiger Fish

its been more than 2 weeks I have got this collection of my fish and I regularly feed them fleas (Powdered), I can see that my Tiger Barb and Koi are eating the food but I have not yet seen my shark and kissing eat right from the day one, aslo i have seen my kissing fish trying to eat some thing on the tank glass.

Some one please tell me why are they not having the food, and what can I do to make them eat as regular as my other fishes do.

Please Help Me

Best Regards,
Gaurang Shah

kvr

AC Members
Apr 17, 2001
Ghent, Belgium
allserv.UGent.be
Try some other types of food, maybe they just don't like the food they get now. How long since they haven't eaten ? Try some live-food eg.
I don't think you need to worry right now, just try some other food and see what happens.

Good luck !

ChelseaSkinGirl

AC Members
May 17, 2002
Orlando, FL
Okay, what size tank are they in? How big is each fish? Have you done nitrite, nitrate, and ammonia tests? Are powered fleas the only think you feed them?

Oh yeah the stuff on the glass read this - it's probably just from over feeding.

Last edited:

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
I totally agree with above...We need your tank size, Nitrite, etc...

'something' on the glass usually means you're just trying to feed too much. Try some other foods first, then consult afterward.

wetmanNY

AC Members
Whew! Call your Tigers "Tiger Barbs" and we won't think "predator!" gaurang.

Kissing Gouramis aren't easy to keep. They are partly filter feeders, collecting algae on mucus at the back of their throats and swallowing the clumped "bolus." They'd "eat" green water if they were in a pond. Try them with lightly boiled greens, whatever leafy greens you have at hand. They won't be very interested in freeze-dried water fleas (Daphnia), but they'll clean the algae in your tank as well as the Siamese Algae-eaters we're always talking about in this forum. In a few months they'll need the biggest tank you can give them...

Watch those Tiger Barbs tear into shredded boiled spinach too!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store