my java moss island is trying to escape the aquarium ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Really cool!
Mine has been trying to escape the water too but hasn't sprouted like that

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
they are supposedly spores,

there's a mound/island in the middle of an aquarium I need to empty and take down, but it's made from mostly java moss, duckweed, some sort of algae, probably a couple of chain swords that were floating in there,

instead of trying to clean it up, and remove the algae and keep it clean, this happened, and I have to admit to quite liking it.

the picture is through the really dirty glass, from my phone; not sure I trust my phone anywhere else to het a picture you can see, maybe I will take out a bigger camera and see.

if it helps, it's under a Fluval 3.0 light, at maybe half power, for 8 hours a day, with ramping up and down for an hour before and after. (As far as I remember)

Reactions: Sprinkle

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
it looks like crap.

water is clear, there are maybe a few shrimp in there and pest snails, but the inside of the tank is covered with algae and I don't care to do anything ;) I worry the tank will fall apart if I try to clean the glass, a bit like an old rusty car.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
it looks like crap.

water is clear, there are maybe a few shrimp in there and pest snails, but the inside of the tank is covered with algae and I don't care to do anything ;) I worry the tank will fall apart if I try to clean the glass, a bit like an old rusty car.
I doubt it :) and dont be me, do something with your tank/s.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'm potentially going to be hospitalized for an indefinite amount of time, don't think I want to create work for someone else.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Looks neat!

Speedy recovery to you Sir.

Need a lot more time and a much bigger java moss island for you to be floated down the Ganges.

Reactions: dudley and Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store