My Mantis.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chonhzilla

AC Members
Dec 27, 2008
I used to scream when I would get live rock and see one. I was taught the only good one is a dead one. LOL

Thats true, my brother has one now in his reef tank and his or her home is in this huge rock which has obviously now impossible remove because many of his clams have made it their homes. We've tried traps and even bait, but all we could find was the molt. There's also a pistol shrimp in his tank too which we have not tried to extract, and similarly we have only been able to find molts every once in a while. We both know that mantis in my brother's tank is working because all the hermits and snails are gone.

Salt4Sam

fulltime workaholic
Aug 4, 2010
Philadelphia
Im not gonna lie to you, mantis shrimp scare the hell outta me. We used to net shrimp when we would go fishing in the keys, and the catain was pulling them out of the net and one of the slashers got him. We had to turn in and go to the hospital. He got 8 stitches and a couple of shots. Nasty buggers, but yours is beautiful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store