My Neon Tetras are looking ill

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sonofbloke

Registered Member
Jan 11, 2020
I have recently set up my tank, about a fortnight ago, and I bought four neon tetras to begin with. One recently died unexpectedly overnight and I’m not sure how. Everything was continuing fine and I decided to add the guppies, but recently after I spotted that all of the three neons appear to have bulges at the bottom. I have researched but can’t find anything generally specific to the change in my guppies. They generally seem to be sticking together and I can’t notice anything unusual other than the bulges. I will attach some images, help is greatly appreciated as I’m rather worried.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sonofbloke

Registered Member
Jan 11, 2020
I have recently set up my tank, about a fortnight ago, and I bought four neon tetras to begin with. One recently died unexpectedly overnight and I’m not sure how. Everything was continuing fine and I decided to add the guppies, but recently after I spotted that all of the three neons appear to have bulges at the bottom. I have researched but can’t find anything generally specific to the change in my tetras. They generally seem to be sticking together and I can’t notice anything unusual other than the bulges. I will attach some images, help is greatly appreciated as I’m rather worried.

View attachment 225250

View attachment 225251

View attachment 225252

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Welcome.

I see this is a new setup. Do you have a means to measure for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate in PPM?

Neons can often be sick when you get them. Being introduced into an uncycled tank will make the problem worse. I'd feed very lightly and keep up on frequent water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store