mysis shrimp vs plankton vs krill vs brine shrimp vs bloodworms vs tubifex, etc etc

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

echoofformless

Peat Advocate & Defender Of Snails
Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
All good posts but I think we're somewhat off topic - I am hoping that the discussion is solely about what each of the different foods do and don't do in comparison with each other.

I'm glad I'm not the only guy who likes Omega One products, but that has nothing to do with the discussion! haha So while it's relevant and poignant to mention the details of nutrition, and the foods we feed our fish, the answers I am really seeking here are why I should choose say, krill over daphnia for x purpose. Or brine shrimp over plankton for y purpose. Etc.

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
I always wondered where people got those lobster crab pellet things. I don't know where to look whenever I go to petsmart or petco :( maybe they don't carry it...

echoofformless

Peat Advocate & Defender Of Snails
Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
Best to buy things mail order. Bigger selection and often ridiculously lower prices. Try bigalsonline.com and drsfostersmith.com.

I've probably saved somewhere in the thousands at this point of using online retailers the last three years.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm not a big fan of freeze dried foods but most of that is from many years ago. Tubifex cubes were picked at by some fish but seemed almost mummified, I can't imagine much food value. Krill was too big & hard for any fish no matter how long it soaked.

I have some HBH Soft Pellets, it's ok for fish it is bite size for but breaks into dust-like pieces for smaller fish. Freeze dried fish (shrimp?) is an ingredient in Sera O Nips my bottom feeders like.

The main coolness of freeze dried food seems to be the ability to stick to the glass temporarily if you try hard enough. Then you can watch the fish knock it off while eating.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store