Name that cory...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady JinglyJones

AC Members
Sep 30, 2015
Coast of Coromandel
Real Name
Emily
Camera Used
Ma Galaxy S4.
So, these corys came in at my LFS, and they were labelled as trilineatus.

They don't look a lot like the classic tri cory to me (or the LFS chap, for that matter), but my last remaining tri had started behaving in a manner that was depressing me; I'd accidentally pepped up my little pod of old rummies with the addition of two wild caught young 'uns - the rummies were now much, much more
aggressive and had stopped ignoring the lonely little cat. After a few fin nips, he took to perching at the top of a vertical piece of wood, close to the surface where the rummies don't much go. He also exhibited sporadic swim bladder woes - a likely consequence of stress and excessive nitrates in my tank.

Sentiment got the best of me, and I decided I couldn't let the little boog die alone, the only cory left in all the world. I bought him some friends (even though I knew I was introducing them to less than ideal conditions with the nitrates being so high, I figured I'd work hard to get them down fast. Um, responsibility fail: check!)

Anyhow, everybody looks happy now.

I just wanted to se e if any of you have a better ID than trilineatus for them. Picture below (I am not a very good photographer, sorry!)

2005-01-01 00.00.00-194.jpg

They're both the new ones - the one behind looks tri-ish, but is the lightest & least mottled of the group.

2005-01-01 00.00.00-218.jpg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Definately not Corydorus Trilineatus (which is a very common cory). I use to have this cory, It is definately Corydoras Reticulatus.

Lady JinglyJones

AC Members
Sep 30, 2015
Coast of Coromandel
Real Name
Emily
Camera Used
Ma Galaxy S4.
Awesome-sauce, thanks!

Poor little tri probably won't get to see his own people again, then, since I try to keep only one kind at a time... but he does spend a lot of time with the new cats, and is less sad-looking.

At least I can tell the LFS chap something interesting.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Maybe trade the Trilly for more Reticus.

Lady JinglyJones

AC Members
Sep 30, 2015
Coast of Coromandel
Real Name
Emily
Camera Used
Ma Galaxy S4.
That's a thought... though thy don't have any real trillies right now, so he'd be in more or less the same boat. But I intend to get a few more rets after a couple of weeks.

(Thanks for responding, btw.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store