need help with this..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

justin85

AC Members
Jun 30, 2012
Birmingham,uk
hey all,

I purchased a filter (eheim pro 3 2080) off eBay, it was used on a marine tank and the seller didnt clean it at all and arrived in a very messy state, which i don't care to much about as it works and I got it for a very good price.

So I have started cleaning it, but there is these white spot like things inside the filter and everywhere! and it takes some work to remove them. Now I keep Cichlids, and small tropicals and know nothing about marines hence why I am here aging you wonderful people for some advice as I am sure you know exactly what these white things are, and I am hoping you know of some easy methods to cleaning/removing them. I am in no rush to use this filter, and will also be sterilizing it once I have cleaned it of all visual dirt so the use of chemicals is an option if it will make my life easier in removing the things.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated !

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Soak it in vinegar for a day to soften everything up. The white spots are completely normal things to grow on equipment in a SW setting. If you want to remove them all, you will have to use a knife or something similar to scrape them off. Finger nail works also for the ones easy to reach.

justin85

AC Members
Jun 30, 2012
Birmingham,uk

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store