Need some help from the cory experts (breeders).

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

naliel

AC Members
Apr 19, 2009
il
Since a month or so my cory's have been laying eggs like there is no tomorrow. Every week or 5 days, I find a few eggs everywhere (glass, thermometer, inlet or filter, etc). I collected the eggs in a breeder net hanging in the tank and at the moment I have around 7 little ones that look like they still have their yolk-sack. My question is. When I start feeding them? When their sack is totally gone? Or before? I have different batches of eggs in the net.
If I feed the ones that are already free-swimming. Does that affect the ones that still have their yolk-sack? Should I keep the batches of eggs (babies) in different containers?
Any help/advice you guys can give me would be appreciated. Thanks

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I feed mine when they start to become motile. I start with Microworms for the first couple of days and then switch to freshly hatched brine. My nursery tanks are 2.5 gallons with a thin sand bottom, sponge filter, and java moss and small anubias plants for shelter. The Cory fry will also feed off microorganisms on the plants too.

Andy

naliel

AC Members
Apr 19, 2009
il
Ok thanks. What about keeping different batches of eggs (fry) together? Or should I separate them (each batch in a different tank)? Thanks for the input guys.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
If they are within a week or two of each other that's fine. Any more than that I would separate them as the bigger fry will need different foods and can outcompete the smaller fry.

Andy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store