Need to add a fish - suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Finzzup

AC Members
Dec 1, 2002
NW Iowa
Visit site
Hi all! I've sure progressed a bit since my last visit here -- my 6 gallon Eclipse is still in existance but I've added a 29 gallon now.

I lost my Betta two weeks ago. He was pretty old, so I guess it was just his time. :( I'd like to add something else and I trust the opinons on this board more than I do my LFS.

Currently, in the 6G, I have 2 Neons and 2 White Clouds. Without the Betta, it's just not the same, so I want to add another fish, but not another Betta.

Any suggestions? Could I go with two more fish or just one?

Thanks so much! I've enjoyed reading all the threads again!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I wouldn't add more than one fish. Instead of a betta, look into paradise fish. Lovely colors, good personality, roughly the same size as the betta.

I would also move the neons into a tank where they can have more friends and get 2 more WCM. Both species like having a school to hang out with. They'll display much better behavior this way.

Finzzup

AC Members
Dec 1, 2002
NW Iowa
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I may end up going with all neons but if I don't, I'm afraid a paradise fish would pick on the other guys... I hadn't thought of one before and looked them up. They ARE pretty!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Paradise Fish: Pretty? Yes. Pretty Big? Probably for a 6g. You may be finding yourself making a few more water changes than you would like if you get one of these. I am sure that, with the labyrinth organ, it may survive the extra waste it puts out, but I wouldn't rule out the other fish in the set-up dying because of an inability to utilize atmospheric oxygen. Just my $.02...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store