Need to rehome large cichlids in the Boston, MA area

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The GingerFishman

AC Members
Feb 13, 2019
Quincy, MA
Hi all,

Unfortunately I have to find new homes for some fairly large cichlids that I've had for several years. Breaks my heart to do so, so I will only move them to an experienced aquarist, preferably someone who has experience with large South American cichlids. I have to move soon and won't be able to have any large tanks.

Here's a list with estimated sizes

Chocolate cichlid - 7.5-9 inches roughly
Uaru - 10 inches
*** This may seem odd, but I would prefer to move these two together as they haven't left each other's side in the past 5 years or so, they literally stay together at almost all times***

Wild Oscar (beautiful natural markings) - 12 inches

Orange Spotted Severum - 10 inches

Red Shoulder Severum - 7.5 inches

Geophagus Abalios - 6 inches

Severum (I can't recall the name, but it looks similar to the red shoulder, except it's redness/orangish colors are from mid-body down to the belly, very beautiful fish) - 6 inches

Mesoheros Ornatum - Pretty rare fish in the hobby and stunning. 7.5 inches or so

I have a handful of Geophagus iporangensis that I tank raised - the largest being close to 6 inches, the others roughly 4 inches or so

These are my largest fish, and my priority is to find them good, well maintained, safe new homes. I refuse to drop them off at the LFS and roll the dice on their lives not knowing who would end up with them. I hate that I have to do this. I truly love these fish and have had the largest ones for several years, at least 5-6.

They're all in great health and have been in large tanks where no new fish have been introduced in several years, so they are perfectly healthy, well fed, and fairly passive.

If you, or someone you know fits the criteria, please DM me and I'd be happy to chat or send pictures if you'd like.

Best,

Mark

Last edited:

The GingerFishman

AC Members
Feb 13, 2019
Quincy, MA
Hi all,

Unfortunately I have to find new homes for some fairly large cichlids that I've had for several years. Breaks my heart to do so, so I will only move them to an experienced aquarist, preferably someone who has experience with large South American cichlids. I have to move soon and won't be able to have any large tanks.

Here's a list with estimated sizes

Chocolate cichlid - 7.5-9 inches roughly
Uaru - 10 inches
*** This may seem odd, but I would prefer to move these two together as they haven't left each other's side in the past 5 years or so, they literally stay together at almost all times***

Wild Oscar (beautiful natural markings) - 12 inches

Orange Spotted Severum - 10 inches

Red Shoulder Severum - 7.5 inches

Geophagus Abalios - 6 inches

Severum (I can't recall the name, but it looks similar to the red shoulder, except it's redness/orangish colors are from mid-body down to the belly, very beautiful fish) - 6 inches

Mesoheros Ornatum - Pretty rare fish in the hobby and stunning. 7.5 inches or so

I have a handful of Geophagus iporangensis that I tank raised - the largest being close to 6 inches, the others roughly 4 inches or so

These are my largest fish, and my priority is to find them good, well maintained, safe new homes. I refuse to drop them off at the LFS and roll the dice on their lives not knowing who would end up with them. I hate that I have to do this. I truly love these fish and have had the largest ones for several years, at least 5-6.

They're all in great health and have been in large tanks where no new fish have been introduced in several years, so they are perfectly healthy, well fed, and fairly passive.

If you, or someone you know fits the criteria, please DM me and I'd be happy to chat or send pictures if you'd like.

Best,

Mark
The unknown Severum is actually a Heros liberifer, red sided severum - just looked back on my aquabid account to find it

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Post a for sale or for free ad in the Marketplace Buy and Sell section rather than in the regular forums for best results.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store