Neocaridina shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Agaller19

AC Members
Nov 3, 2021
I have a 5 gallon planted set up that is completely cycled. I put 3 Neocaridinas in but everytime I put them in they die within a week to 2 weeks. I have checked all levels in the tank and everything has checked out. What is the issue?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Which species of Neocaridina shrimp did you buy?

What tank levels did you check and post the numbers if you can? Did you also check GH and KH?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have pretty soft water & have trouble keeping neo cherry shrimp even though I've added crushed coral to the filter. I don't understand why but something is wrong for them. I hope you (& I) can figure it out. I 'd like to know too. I'll follow along & hope we can get to happy shrimp keeping place.
I kept them before (on a different coast but with similar water) & they bred like gangbusters in a couple tanks.

In a general way, where do you live? US? State? Nearby city? Please don't post your address...just an area

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
need to check your ph . gh , kh. if you have soft water it will be harder to keep them, you can try getting food with calcium that will help harden the shell, also how are you feeding them ? what are you feeding them and how often ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store