Neon vs Cardinal Tetras

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
So Flohrie, what are your water conditions, anyway? Temperature, GH, KH, and pH would all be important to know. We can all tell you which fish we like the best, but not which will do best for you until we know something more about the tank they will be going into.

Shay

AC Members
Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by clayt101
Hey Shay, have you ever checked out www.fishrushouston.com (
No, haven't been yet. It's about an hour away from my house, but I'll check it out next time I'm headed that way.

Luckily, I had the chance to see some large neons in a tank near some large cardinals just last night. I can say for sure that I definitely prefer the neons. I think that the original poster should select whichever he prefers visually. If he takes proper care of them, then either can be very healthy in his tank.

I wouldn't recommend either with angels, however. One of my angels tried to swallow a large rummy nose, and the angel wasn't nearly full grown. I had to remove the rummy nose with tweasers and consider the angel lucky that he didn't die.

-Shay

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store