Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. We Have a NEW CHAT!!!!
    Dismiss Notice

New 55 gallon Stocking

Discussion in 'General Freshwater' started by Ashmama, Mar 19, 2017 at 2:58 PM.

1. Ashmama

Ashmama Registered Member

Yesterday at 4:59 PM
    I have setup a new 55 gallon and want some stocking combination suggestions. I like the following fish and would like any advice on different combinations of the species listed below and quantities of each. Any colorful suggestions not listed here, or any I should avoid from the list would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Angelfish
    Panda Dwarf Cichlid
    Blue Ram Cichlid
    Various dwarf cichlids (suggestions welcome)
    Swordtails
    Panchax --(Green A. Gardneri Killie )
    Upside Down Cats
    Pictus Cats
    Paradise Fish
    Few glo tetras to stand out in blue light
    Various Gouramis—Dwarf, Blue Dwarf etc. (suggestions please!)
    Lemon bristlenose pleco

2. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    Monday at 2:15 AM
    Jessica
    IMO, this stock will not work. For a 55gal, 2 cichlids is about all you can have, so pick 2 from the Angels, Appisto, and Rams.
    Pictus cats eat too fast, and you cichlids will slowly starve.
    Gouramis do not get along with other Gouramis so again, pick only one.
    PS--The Paradise fish is almost like a Gouramis too, so no Gouramis and Paradise combo.
    All others are OK, depending on your decision about the Cichlids and Gouramis.

3. Ashmama

Ashmama Registered Member

Yesterday at 4:59 PM
    What would you recommend? I want a variety of colorful fish that are going to be big enough to see from the couch! Any suggestions appreciated!

4. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    Monday at 2:15 AM
    Jessica
    Maybe a pair of Angels fishes, 2 Pearl Gouramis, and 2 schools of schooling fishes. Tetras, Rainbows, or Barbs.