• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

New Baby in my Main tank

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Cool! What do you think it is?

Ian h

AC Members
I think it's my bronze Cory's! They've been laying eggs ever other week lol looking for a cheap tank to set up a fry tank lol also another tank for my Tetras

fishorama

AC Members
Wow! That's exciting! So, how's the new tank hunt going? You don't have to make a rash decision for these fry, if they've bred once, they'll do it again. But raising fry is the "next step" in fish keeping. Good luck!

Spring is a good time to hit up garage sales...neighbors, relatives, coworkers etc. LOL, enabling you!

Ian h

AC Members
I have found a few good priced ones somewhat close to me. But I am going to buy a new tank on Sunday and maybe a used one for breeding.
Yeah I've researched the crap out of keeping baby's alive. but need a tank soon just for eggs lol. I also got to find people/stores to sell to.

fishorama

AC Members
Well, until you raise fry to sellable size (say 1/2 an inch, or, to Canadians, a cm, lol), it's a moot point. No lfs is willing to take tiny fry. But you're on your way! It's a fun adventure, enjoy it! & work on your daily water changing & several times/day feeding skills, your going to need them!!

More pics please!

fishorama

AC Members
That's pretty blurry pic, JK, lol.

Feed them at least 2 or 3 times/day (more if you can) if you can keep up with big daily water changes. Not just WCs but vacuuming out uneaten & poo ( but not the fry!). The more you feed & the more WCs, the faster they'll grow...But let this be a learning experience in finding a food the fry will eat & all the work involved, it's not trivial!! You can do it!!

Microworms or a slow dissolving tablet, pellet or wafer type food might be good...see what works.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store