new bettas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaliska

AC Members
Dec 6, 2015
I went for a possible one and ended up with 2 plus a new tank because it was dollar per gallon day. My camera won't focus on the white one so I mostly have short vids while acclimating last night.

Reactions: Tifftastic

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Beautiful colors and fins! :D

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I Love Bettas, use to breed them when I was younger (High School).

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Nice fish. If you're looking to breed their a start. All you need are females, food and time. Oh yes, an extra tank of rubbermade

Kaliska

AC Members
Dec 6, 2015
I already have 2 halfmoon males and 2 halfmoon females from a breeder. Plus a double tail male and a veiltail female. One female has produced eggs twice but both spawns failed when they got to free swimming. I think my water was too hard for the fry. 1 female is very aggressive and despite showing breeding bars and behavior she is ready she keeps shredding the males after a few attempts to wrap under the nest. The 3rd I just can't convince to attempt to breed. I made a 40g with no other fish into a temporary sorority so the females can grow out their fins again in a cycled tank with a lot of water volume. I know usually you put more together for a sorority but it has worked fine. The fish store had their female tank quarantined and petco hasn't had females for the past week so I couldn't grab more. I might find time to drive to the breeder I got the halfmoons to pick up some cheaper hm, pk, or dt versions of those.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store