New Butterfly Peacock Bass

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

krichardson

AC Members
Feb 25, 2017
no bottom-feeders or dithers? I assume your SDs are in a different tank?
I do also have my flash zebra juruense catfish in there but it hardly moves.My red hooks are in another tank where they can put some size on before I place them wirh bigger fish.

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
I do also have my flash zebra juruense catfish in there but it hardly moves.My red hooks are in another tank where they can put some size on before I place them wirh bigger fish.
how many tanks do you have set-up atm? Is the 265g the largest? I can't believe they go for $1,900 new....I could get a 180g starting at $800, not sure what i'm, gonna do but it seems anything over 6 feet is a LOT more expensive.

krichardson

AC Members
Feb 25, 2017
how many tanks do you have set-up atm? Is the 265g the largest? I can't believe they go for $1,900 new....I could get a 180g starting at $800, not sure what i'm, gonna do but it seems anything over 6 feet is a LOT more expensive.
I have four running right now...265,180,75,and 20.I got my 265 from another member for $800 and it included the tank,stand,glass tops,lighting and a wet/dry filter.I got my 180 brand new with tank,glass tops,lights and stand for about that much.

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
I have four running right now...265,180,75,and 20.I got my 265 from another member for $800 and it included the tank,stand,glass tops,lighting and a wet/dry filter.I got my 180 brand new with tank,glass tops,lights and stand for about that much.
damn, you have almost as many total gallons in those 4 tanks as I have in my 19 tanks lol - a 125, two 75s, two 55s, 30Breeder, 30L, four 29s, two 20L, 20H, three 10s, 5.5 and a 3 bowfront.

I recently set up the 20H with the 3 gallon inside it cuz I want to try and breed Bettas - from what I gather, you are supposed to fill the smaller tank to the top and put the female in it, then filler the larger tank a few inches below the top of the small tank. The male and female and see each other and interact and it will eventually trigger him to start building a bubble nest. Once he does that, the female will jump out of the 3 gallon into the 20H and she will start laying eggs but after that i'm not sure what to do. I can't remember if you are supposed to separate them afterwards or if they both raise the fry and or just one parents does it.

I'll have to re-post this in the Betta forum

krichardson

AC Members
Feb 25, 2017
damn, you have almost as many total gallons in those 4 tanks as I have in my 19 tanks lol - a 125, two 75s, two 55s, 30Breeder, 30L, four 29s, two 20L, 20H, three 10s, 5.5 and a 3 bowfront.

I recently set up the 20H with the 3 gallon inside it cuz I want to try and breed Bettas - from what I gather, you are supposed to fill the smaller tank to the top and put the female in it, then filler the larger tank a few inches below the top of the small tank. The male and female and see each other and interact and it will eventually trigger him to start building a bubble nest. Once he does that, the female will jump out of the 3 gallon into the 20H and she will start laying eggs but after that i'm not sure what to do. I can't remember if you are supposed to separate them afterwards or if they both raise the fry and or just one parents does it.

I'll have to re-post this in the Betta forum
Yeah...I'm no help with betta breeding lol.
You have 19 tanks up and running,are they all in the same room?You must do a photo thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store