new clown loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rourk89

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Waterford, Mi
as of right now, my loach is about 4 inches long, and I am supposed to get 2 more later this week who are sadly quite a bit smaller, prolly about half his size. I was informed that they would only reach about 5 to 8 inches long. How much bigger of a tank will I be needing??

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap

rourk89

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Waterford, Mi
I have had him for a while now and he spends 95% of his time hiding. I figured that that type of behavior is not typical of the clown loach, so for now, I shall get 2 more for a small group of 3 which is better than the one I have.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
that behavior is typical for a lone clown loach, otherwise they are quite active in groups...........i agree with u on getting 2 more...........
maybe just return it and get yoyo loaches which would be perfect for your tank?

DLV082

Debbie
Aug 23, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Real Name
Debbie
I have 6 loaches in a 180g they are very out going fish in groups. But you will need a larger tank. The larger the better. My largest loach in currently about 10" and is about 11 - 12 years old the others are younger and range from 4 to 8 inches. And they eat anything that hits the bottom of the tank. Mine will come to the top of the tank for live earthworms and take them from my hand.

ECW

Registered Member
Nov 18, 2011
They eat just about anything as others have said. I feed mines with pellets, flakes, and wafers (I prefer NLS). I also supliment with blood worms, spirulina enriched brine shrimp, krill, mysis, zuchini, cucumber, lettuce, sweet potato, (fruits, veggies), market shrimp, and anything else I can get or feed my fish.

I would also get a couple more at least (I prefer groups of 6 or more) as the really enjoy company of their own species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store