New krib family

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Julianna

AC Members
Jan 16, 2003
Visit site
My new pair of kribs have finally, sucessfully hatched a batch!!! We are very proud!! Now I'm wondering...at what point do I worry about feeding the little guys?? Or do I let them fend for themselves? Also, my tank is in need of a water change. It has been 2 weeks. I've been leaving them alone since they layed the eggs, but now it's really starting to need it. Should I risk it, or leave it alone alittle while longer??

Julie

jiggerpolebill

i have a key to the Twinsavr
Aug 16, 2002
Indy, IN, USA
Visit site
congradulations! what size tank do you have? at first, i made no attempt to care for my 1st successful hatch. the parents "presented" them around the tank and they seemed to go about eating out of the gravel. you wont believe the small places they can get down into. after about 2 weeks or so, i started pulverizing flake into really fine powder and poured it into the return stream of my filter to make sure it got down to where the fry were. i suppose you can also do this with a turkey baster(one you buy specifically for your aquarium). another food they really seemed to love once they started getting some size to them, was frozen daphnia. i would thaw this in a jar of aquarium water and then pour it into the tank.

i believe the parents will take care of the initial feedings after they hatch. 'nurse' them, if you will. look up so more info at this site: www.thekrib.com

also, do some searches in this forum on kribs. and dont be discouraged if they dont get it right the first time(parenting). it didnt take long at all for mine to get it right. theyve spawned 5 or 6 times since last november.

Julianna

AC Members
Jan 16, 2003
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. They do really get down into the gravel. And when I get close to the glass, they snuggle down in even more. Mom and dad seem to have split the group in two. Each watching one group. Dad has his outside of the cave, under a plant. Mom has her in the cave. Every time she tries to leave, dad chases her back in. She's not allowed to slack off for a minute!! :p Julie

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store