New Photo - Female Citrinellum

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
I was shocked to see how big the nuchal hump has gotten on the female Citrienllum. She recently was put into a divided tank with a large male. I kno that the hump on a male can get large...especially when in breeding condition or around other fish. I wa pretty amazed to see hers get large as well.

Here she is looking like she's "whistling" to her mate. Actually it was just good timing that caught the photo.

Side shot of her head.

Extreme Close Up

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
HOLY SH*T!! i cant believe thats the same fish WOW. guess some action will be happening soon huh ! cool

Baraka

Can I buy you a fish Sandwich?
Apr 17, 2001
GAMEHENGE
sagan.physast.uga.edu
I have never seen one get like that on a female

JWA

Registered Member
Dec 6, 2002
Visit site
Hi Mojo. Great looking fish. I am wondering though, how do you know for certain it's a female? Sexing the citrinellum sure does seem tricky. Do you have to vent to be positive of sex? Or do you know of any easily noticed differences in physical appearance? Thanks for the help.
-Jay

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
Good quetion Kevin. Maybe F1.5?:D

JWA: I literally took the fish down to Jeff Rapps for him to sex. He sold it to me a long time ago as a female. I had my doubts. Aikido Guy was going to bring a male and I wanted to be 100% sure. Figured I would let an expert take a look. Jeff vented it and confirmed that it was female. I have been fooled by physical appearance many times before.

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
besides the black mark by the fin i would never even think that was the same fish that i saw. How fast did that develop? a few days? overnight?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store