New Photo - Jack Dempsey

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cichlid_guy

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
photos.yahoo.com
well i finally got some photos off my camera and scaled to fit on the forum.

this is my Jack Dempsey, he is about 5" Standerd lenght.
i have had him from 2" total lenth. I love the colors.

let me know what you think.

Can Anyone conferm that he is a "he"

thanks
scottie

jack-dempsey.jpg

Arctic_Fishery

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
cleveland,Ohio
fishdomain.netfirms.com
nice pic!!clear image and all....if you want i can host your images under my cichlid section i'm currently developing...I already got someone else sending me thier cichlid pics so I can start it....take a look at the site and let me know...see ya friend.

vfrex

AC Members
Feb 26, 2002
New Jersey
how long does it take a JD to grow to 5 inches?
I'd say fairly quickly. Bear in mind that I'm counting the tail here. I got mine ~1 inch. It then grew 1" per month until it was 6". Growth rates will vary though.

tuthelimit

Renewed Member
May 19, 2002
Charleston, SC
Female

I don't have much more experience with JDs other than the pair I had owned. So I can't make a judgement about all JDs.

At first glance it appears to be a female.
I couldn't tell you for sure, just because looks like my old female. Although the fish has pointed anal fins, they are not flowing or as long as my old male's. My male JD had a more square head and it seemed to come to less of a point. My male also had a more elongated body. haha. Im sitting here trying to think of all the differences in my head of fish I sold a while ago.

When I grew my female out, I thought she was a male. Bright colors, full bodied etc. Just like the one in the picture.
However, when I saw the male I bought for her at the lfs I knew right away he was a male and she was a female. Seeing the two next to eachother really helps.

GL!
ttl

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store