New sebae anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sweetheart

AC Members
May 31, 2008
MS
Last night I bought a TP clown with a mini Sebae anemone. I don't have the right lighting for it but my local fish store that I bought it from, The employee said it would live only 6 or 8 months without the right light and then will die. Is this true? The employee checked my water and it was perfect. My tank has been setup since june and the size is a 29 gallon tank. The only fish in the tank now is 2 clownfish and a snail. Here is a pick of it

HPIM2899.JPG HPIM2901.JPG HPIM2903.JPG

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Actually, it looks like a long-tentacled anemone (Macrodactyla doreensis). The colored foot and the look of the tentacles are tell-tale signs. That individual doesn't look to happy at the moment. First, make sure you have a sufficiently deep amount of sand--at least ~4". Next, make a small depression in the sand and gently place the anemone in it--then leave it alone. Don't move it or anything anymore (unless absolutely necessary). If it settles in, you're in better shape. If/when it does settle in, begin attempting to feed it.

As far as light is concerned, 6-8 months is a liberal estimate. I don't suspect one that doesn't settle down to even last that long. If it doesn't settle, you are looking at a max of several weeks to a month.

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
Yeh I also agree that its a long-tentacle anemone... (got a few myself) And I also say that because I was really considering getting a sebae...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store