New Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DeanTheFish

AC Members
Mar 5, 2018
today my mother dropped off 2 55 gallon normal size and 1 30 gallon normal size also
so I am wondering what should I do with them I am also going to use 1 55 for my 2 7 inch monster goldfish and I am open to anything but preferably cichlids and a type of bottom dweller mabye synodontis petricola or synodontis lucipinnis also the fish need to be under 10 bucks depending on many fish are in there also no shell dwelling cichlids or guppies

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
27" goldfish?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I might go for kribensis & synodontis (either lucipinus or the very rare (apparently) petricola or is it vs versus?). The trouble I see is those fish are pretty much all bottom feeders. Congo tetras? for the top-ish strata?

DeanTheFish

AC Members
Mar 5, 2018
thank you for your response i will most likely get some synos and a type for tetra most likely congo becuase i showed them to my mother and she has her eyes fixed on them so how about 6 petrcola and 8ish congos if anyone has other ideas please say so

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Why doesn't my mom bring me fish tanks!? lol

Goldfish will enjoy the 55g.

What kind of water parameters do you have? Not that it makes a huge difference for most captive bred species but I still like to stay in the realm.

DeanTheFish

AC Members
Mar 5, 2018
i do not have the water temps ph or any of that stuff because there are no water in any of the tanks but it would be best if it stayed around 70-80 degree farhight and does anyone know if my 2 goldfish will outgrow the 55g (i just want to know for the future) and it would also be nice if i could give the goldys some tankmates but i will not get rid of my goldfish (had them 4 half my life (6 years))

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Depends on the type of goldfish, some will outgrow, some will not.

Posting pictures, or comparing against pictures online will let you identify what you have. Personally I wouldn't want to keep a fish that gets over a foot in a tank that's only 12" deep.

DeanTheFish

AC Members
Mar 5, 2018
I have 1 fantail subrikin goldfish but as for the other one no idea just orange, I bought her as a feeder goldfish and if they will outgrow the 55g I will upgrade to what will most likely be a 75g and I will see if I can get some pics of them or goldfish that look the same (if I can figere out how to post a pic) also one of the goldfish is blind in 1 eye but is a big bully to anything I put with her besideds her boyfriend wich is the other gold fish

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store