New to salt water: doing some research before taking the dive into the salty depths

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
/me looks confused

Twistycricket

AC Members
Mar 30, 2016
/me looks confused
I have 8 tanks. All are infected with columarius. I've been battling it for awhile and am fast becoming an expert. To save money I moved all the infected fish to 3 smaller tanks then nuked the others. The 37g goldfish moved into a QT 20. The 120g chiclids moved into the freshly nuked gold fish tank to quarantine. The crayfish moved into a QT 10. Once all this goes away everyone can go home and we can install the sump with 1-2 in line uv sterilizes. The salt in the 37 is treating the sick fish. The 37 will eventually become a salt water tank in a year or two.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Sorry, I'm confused by you asking for advice regarding Saltwater, then discussing adding salt to an aquarium in the same thread.

:/

Twistycricket

AC Members
Mar 30, 2016
Sorry, I'm confused by you asking for advice regarding Saltwater, then discussing adding salt to an aquarium in the same thread.

:/
I was just explaining why the picture of the tank wasn't clear as it is currently a freshwater tank. As I originally said, I'm doing research for a future project to convert this tank to salt in the future.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
5 hours did seem a little sudden ;)

I'd suggest researching what equipment you might need, and attending local aquarium auctions and stuff to save a bunch of money.

Without using a sump, you are likely to have a bunch of equipment hanging off the back/side of the tank.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Is there room behind the tank for a skimmer?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store