Newbie question about ich.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Yeah, would have suggested start with heat only and raise it gradually with shrimp

Nyk0nn

AC Members
Sep 27, 2021
Pennsylvania
Real Name
B
Sorry again. It’s my 2nd tank that technically is my daughters but she’s over it already.. I upgraded it from the original 9 gal flex to a normal 20 that only had some neon tetra in it.
After some bad advice from the one rep at the local fish store, I added 2 small marbled angels and 3 serpae tetras as well as 2 nerites and 8 shrimp. (Cherry, blue) Something must have hiked on one of them?
Down to 1 angel, 5 neons, 3 snails and not sure how many shrimp cause I think the angels ate them…

Nyk0nn

AC Members
Sep 27, 2021
Pennsylvania
Real Name
B
So it’s been 10 days so far and I haven’t seen any signs of ich on any of the fish. Am I over it then and can stop salt and such and then get new fish?

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
So it’s been 10 days so far and I haven’t seen any signs of ich on any of the fish. Am I over it then and can stop salt and such and then get new fish?
Give it another 4 days and then do a big water change, then can start looking at other fish

Reactions: Nyk0nn

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I agree with NoodleCats, 2 weeks, & maybe do a couple big water changes to get rid of most of the salt...Then get some new fish. But look at them very carefully & realize it's a smaller tank. You want healthy & tank size appropriate fish. Ask us & we'll help you make better choices.

Nyk0nn

AC Members
Sep 27, 2021
Pennsylvania
Real Name
B
I was going to do that but then I ended up cutting the back off cause I didn’t like the internal filtration. Added an aquaclear 20 filter and put some plants and shrimp in there. Think I’m going to move the 6 neon tetra from the 20 gal and then I may put the angel in my 29 gal if I can persuade my daughter? It’s her favorite in her/our tank, lol. My wife doesn’t want me to move the angel to our main tank cause she thinks it will bring the ich with it, but it’s been 3/4 weeks now. Not sure.

Nyk0nn

AC Members
Sep 27, 2021
Pennsylvania
Real Name
B
I moved the 6 neon tetra to the planted flex 9 gal. The angel is still in the 20 gal cause my daughter won’t let me move it to my 29 gal…
I made a new post looking for “tank mates”

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store