Nicaragua Cichlid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

EamonnUK

Living in the UK
Jan 26, 2011
Norwich Norfolk UK
www.eamonnschey.com
Real Name
Eamonn
Hi I recently picked up a Nicaragua Cichlid that had been returned to the fish store for bullying, and as i had a spare tank (was looking for a red flowerhorn) but decided i'd rehome it,as it kept throwing a plastic pipe in the tank at me while i was watching it, I'm now thinking of getting it a companion, the fish store said it was a female, but from what i read it seems it could be a male, it's almost 5 inches and has patterns on dorsal and tail fins (which i've been told male) but also has a full line along the lateral line (female) so i'm confused, any help would be appreciated, i will use a tank separator to start with, it's a 250 l tank which will just house the two fish, lots of plants and caves. TIA Eamonn

20210417_155932.jpg

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Pic is a little blurry, but it looks like a young male to me. The dorsal and anal fins look way too pointed for a female and it looks like they're still going to grow.

WYite

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store